(c) 2015 - 2017 | EchoLunaLuxe.. Powered by Blogger.

Asheal Rising by Shone Kinsella - Book Review

Wales, UK
Here we are again, with another amazing book tour from Jenny (at JennyInNeverland), this post is a review for the wonderful book that is Ashael Rising by the talented writer Shona Kinsella.

Asheal Rising by Shone Kinsella
BOOK BLURB

Ashael is a hunter-gatherer woman, apprenticed to Bhearra, the healer and spiritual leader of their tribe. 

The Zanthar are invaders from another world who extend their own lives by stealing the life-force of everything around them. They were last seen on KalaDene 200 years ago. They have returned, looking for The Vessel, a being prophesied to hold the life-force of the land.

Iwan is a slave to the Zanthar, descendant of the folk that were taken as slaves the last time the Zanthar visited this world. He is sent out as a spy, while his mother is held hostage to ensure his compliance.

When Iwan and Ashael meet and she invites him to stay in Oak Cam, neither of them realise that she is the one the Zanthar seek.  The fate of KalaDene and all of its people rests on Ashael's shoulders.
MY REVIEW

Asheal Rising by Shone KinsellaI’m not going to lie and say that this book was amazing from start to finish because I had a couple of hiccups at the start and found it really hard to get into because of the futuristic names, I’m pretty sure this is why I couldn’t get into the book to begin with. Having said that, this book is well worth reading and not everyone will have the same issue with the names as I did.

The story itself was very well written and I really liked that the main character was a strong, level-headed female who was brought up by another strong willed female. It’s always nice to have a women at the front of a story.

I am a big fan of fantasy books because it lets my imagination create a whole other world in my head, and Shona does not disappoint with Ashael Rising, the more I read of this book the more I got into it and the more my imagination went wild creating this whole world. I would definitely recommend this book, if like me you struggle at the beginning with all the names, push through it because you won’t be disappointed.

SHONA KINSELLA

Asheal Rising by Shone KinsellaShona Kinsella is a fantasy author who lives near the bonnie, bonnie banks of Loch Lomond, in the west of Scotland. She is a member of the British Fantasy Society where she writes reviews of indie books. Shona has a degree in Law from the University of Strathclyde where she learned a lot about narrative structure.; everyone loves a story. 

Shona enjoys spending time outdoors and much of her writing is inspired by the environment that she lives in, at the edge of Scotland’s first national park. When she is not writing, she enjoys geocaching with her husband and children and reading as many books as she can get her hands on.

BOOK LINKS

AUTHOR LINKS
Twitter: @shona_kinsella
Instagram: shona.kinsella

GIVEAWAY
a Rafflecopter giveaway
HAYLEY
*This book review is part of a book tour in which I was gifted the e-book for the purpose of this review. All opinions are honest and my own.

No comments

Thank you all so much for your comments, I read every one and I try to reply to every one as well. They are very much appreciated. ♥