(c) 2015 - 2017 | EchoLunaLuxe.. Powered by Blogger.

Wales Comic Con - Part II

Wrexham, UK
So you may not have been to a Comic Con but I’m pretty sure most of you have heard the name. Many companies run comic cons which consist of celebrities from the TV and Movie world, Comic Book world and are full of merchandise stalls. This past weekend it was Wales Comic Con which is held in Wrexham, North Wales.  This year it became a two day event with options to buy tickets for single days or the weekend as a whole.

Wales Comic Con
Allison Mack - Smallville
The days are all planned out with scheduled photoshoot opportunities and Q&A panels with some of the guests. All of the guests have their own table in the main room where they sign autographs for a fee and most will even take over the table photos with you, although I did notice this time they a lot of the guests are charging extra for the photo over the table, which to me seems a little much, especially people like me who have to budget these types of things. 

Wales Comic Con
Manu Bennett - Arrow & The Shannara Chronicles
Entry prices are fairly reasonable, actually most of the prices are pretty cheap compared to some other companies. I myself booked to go for James Marsters (Buffy the Vampire Slayer & Smallville) and Manu Bennett (Arrow & The Shannara Chronicles). 

The day started out fairly optimistic, the queues were moving swiftly and everything seemed to be starting on time, which of course didn’t last long, like with most events. I missed the whole of the Arrow talk because I was in the queue for James Marsters photo op which took me an hour and 10 minutes. 

Wales Comic Con
James Marsters (Smallville & Buffy), Christine Sutherland (Buffy) & Nicholas Brendon (Criminal Minds & Buffy)
We waited for the Lost Girl talk with Paul Amos but being welsh and having Wales rugby in the pubs, he was watching that so his talk was 30 minutes late and I wanted to see the Buffy talk so we opted to leave and go over to the other hall. Other than that I think the talks ran mostly on time, the photo ops on the other hand did not.

There were a lot of cosplayers there again this time, tonnes of Harley Quinn’s and the Jokers’s, but in all honesty I never saw anyone that I thought ‘WOW their costume is amazing’. I’m sorry to all those people who put huge amounts of effort into their outfits but that’s just how I felt on the day, I’ve seen some amazing ones over the years and I felt they didn’t compare this time around.

The event was enjoyable as always, I also love that this event is closer to home than the others that I attend. Overall the event was run fairly well and (most of) the staff were friendly and helpful.


Did you attend the event? Do you geek out at Comic Con’s as much as me?
HAYLEY

2 comments

  1. I dream of visiting a Comic Con and dressing up, it all sounds so much fun! I think I would bring a lil chair to sit out the queues haha! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram - tempting Too Faced Gingerbread giveaway!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so much fun, I dressed up once and it wasn't for me but I'm glad I did it to experience it. A small chair is a good idea, sometimes you can be queueing for hours at a time.

      Delete

Thank you all so much for your comments, I read every one and I try to reply to every one as well. They are very much appreciated. ♥