(c) 2015 - 2017 | EchoLunaLuxe.. Powered by Blogger.

A 24 Hour Guide To One Tree Hill

Wilmington, NC, USA
I have wanted to visit Wilmington ever since One Tree Hill started back in 2003 and this year I finally got that chance. The only down side was that I had one day there which for me just wasn’t enough but it was all I had so I made the most of it and spent the day going around all the One Tree Hill filming locations. 

As most you of may be aware more often than not properties used on TV shows and movies are actually private residences and the people who own these places don’t really want you lingering around on their front porch so I took all my photos from the sidewalk and I only spent enough time getting what I needed as I had so much to do in one day.


As all the places are dotted around I figured it would be better if I made some sort of plan before hand, so apologies for my half hearted little map of where all the locations I visited are. So here is my 24 hour guide to Tree Hill.

Brooke's House

A 24 Hour Guide To One Tree Hill
2314 Tattersalls Road
I love this house, it's all open as well so you can clearly see it. It's still the same. It’s a very beautiful house.

Lucas’ House

A 24 Hour Guide To One Tree Hill
1829 Wrightsville Avenue
I actually forgot about this house until the next day, thankfully we managed to head there before carrying on to Tennessee.

Haley’s House

A 24 Hour Guide To One Tree Hill
1899 Chestnut Street
I loved seeing this house, I know they didn’t film there too much but it’s another of my favourite scenes.

Nathan's House

A 24 Hour Guide To One Tree Hill
1621 Country Club Road
This is in a pretty fancy street, there is a country club just down the road. Some beautiful houses around it.

Peyton’s House

A 24 Hour Guide To One Tree Hill
1901 Chestnut Street
Peyton and Haley’s houses are actually next door to each other, it’s a lovely house.

Nathan & Haley’s House

A 24 Hour Guide To One Tree Hill
118 Skystasail Drive
In all honesty I had to go back and re-watch some episodes because I wasn't convinced I had the right place for this one, but I do.

Nathan & Haley's Bench

A 24 Hour Guide To One Tree Hill
Water Street & Market Street
This place was a must for me as it’s my favourite scene, it’s the last bench on the right behind the visitors centre - you can't miss it, it's covered in One Tree Hill quotes.

River Court

A 24 Hour Guide To One Tree Hill
Battleship Park, Eagle Island
The river court is no longer there but the covered area in the middle is and has 5 benches in and people have written One Tree Hill quotes all over them, it's nice to read them.

Karen's  Cafe/ Clothes Over Bro’s

A 24 Hour Guide To One Tree Hill
Corner of Grace & North Front Street
It's now an outdoor clothing store and I never went into to see the layout, but from the outside you can still tell that it was Karen's Cafe and Clothes Over Bros 

Tric

A 24 Hour Guide To One Tree Hill
1121 South Front Street
This is what looks to be a factory building of sorts, and the stairs up to 'Tric' aren’t there anymore but fans have written quotes and things over the walls here, I spent a little time reading them and taking photos.

Opening Credit’s Bridge

A 24 Hour Guide To One Tree Hill
6th Street Bridge - North 6th Street & Hanover Street
If your driving down 6th Street you can't miss is because you would need to drive over it, unfortunately when I went the actual bridge itself was closed so I had to take photos from a car park to the side.

Record Shop

A 24 Hour Guide To One Tree Hill
Black Cat Shoppe - 8 Market Street
This is actually a store that sells gimmicks and merchandise and it has One Tree Hill and Dawson’s Creek t-shirts and hoodies.

Clays Beach House

A 24 Hour Guide To One Tree Hill
650 New River Inlet, North Topsail Beach
I liked Clay, and I really liked Clinn as a couple but it wasn't until I met rob that I fell in love with him a little so this was the last addition to my list and thankfully my dad agreed to the hour drive to go there and see this house. It's a lovely house right on the beach and it's the only one I felt I could sneakily sit on the steps of.

Have you ever been to Wilmington? Are you a fan of One Tree Hill?
HAYLEY


10 comments

  1. Ok I dont' actually watch One Tree Hill, but what a fun way to honor it with the photos held up in front of the landmarks themselves! Super clever! I really enjoyed scrolling through even though the landmarks didn't pertain to me~!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment, I loved taking these photos, I have more from other shows too and more planned out to take.

      Delete
  2. That's amazing, I'd love to see some of the places one day, I did a Buffy tour a few years ago and saw her house and the high school :D Great post <3

    Holly ∣ Closingwinter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment. Ahh that's awesome. I really need to watch Buffy from the start and in order. :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE what you've done with holding up pictures from the show in front of the actual place - what a lovely tribute! I've never actually seen One Tree Hill but some of these locations look stunning, glad you enjoyed it
    Megan x meguana.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I had so much fun doing this. Wilmington is a lovely place, I'd love to go back there and spend more time exploring. Thank you for the comment :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh I loved this post so much! One Tree Hill is my absolute favourite, and I would love to go and do this one day!

    Em || asmalldistraction.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment, Same here, it's such an awesome show. You should totally give this a go, so many movies and TV shows are filmed close to us. I want to do some more here.

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love One Tree Hill! It's so awesome that you got the chance to do this - It's on my bucket list along with some other of my favourite shows.

    I think it's great when shows film in real locations, as it gives the fans a chance to wander wound the places for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment Kirstie. My friend did this in Vancouver for Once Upon A Time so I totally stole her idea and used it on my road trip. If you ever get the chance to go to Wilmington you have to, it's an amazing little place. I know, I agree. I love finding set locations.

      Delete

Thank you all so much for your comments, I read every one and I try to reply to every one as well. They are very much appreciated. ♥