(c) 2015 - 2017 | EchoLunaLuxe.. Powered by Blogger.

The Duff by Kody Kiplinger

Wales, UK
Today’s post was written a couple of months ago. The DUFF: The Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger. Last week I had the pleasure of being an exam invigilator meaning I have basically been paid to read some books and I managed to read this one in a day. I was totally captivated by this book, I am a huge fan of the movie so I had wanted to read the book for a while.

The Duff by Kody Keplinger

Here is the blurb from the back of the book:

“Seventeen-year-old Bianca Piper may not be the prettiest girl in her high school, but she has a loyal group of friends, a biting wit, and a spot-on BS detector. She’s also way too smart to fall for the charms of man-slut and slimy school hottie Wesley Rush.

But things aren’t so great at home right now, and Bianca is desperate for a distraction. She ends up kissing Wesley. Worse she likes it. Eager for escape, Bianca throws herself into a closeted enemies-with-benefits relationship with him.

Until it all goes horribly awry. It turns out Wesley isn’t such a bad listener, and his life is pretty screwed up, too. Suddenly Bianca realises with absolute horror that she’s falling for the guy she thought she hated more than anyone.”

The Duff by Kody Keplinger

This book had me from the get go. I just couldn’t put it down, it was actually different from the film which I liked, usually it will annoy me when they change things but the movie actually went fairly off track from the book so it was kind of like reading a whole different thing - or maybe it was just the fact that I actually watched the movie first this time around.

I wouldn’t particularly say that the book was R rated but it had a lot more going on than the film, which makes me think they tried to make the film for a younger audience even though the book is actually classed as Young Adult. You can’t help but fall for Wesley’s charms and the fact that I read him as Robbie Amell make’s liking him a lot better. 


Sorry for my awfully bad book review, I’m still trying to get to grips with how to write them without giving away the whole story.
HAYLEY

2 comments

  1. It's not a bad review at all! You sell it very well. I know what you mean about making people want to read without giving it away but you had a good balance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that means a lot. I would love to do more book reviews I just need to find a good medium where I half know what I'm doing :)

      Delete

Thank you all so much for your comments, I read every one and I try to reply to every one as well. They are very much appreciated. ♥