(c) 2015 - 2017 | EchoLunaLuxe.. Powered by Blogger.

Melissa Explains It All - Melissa Joan Hart

Vancouver, BC, Canada
Melissa Explains It All was a must buy for me with Melissa Joan Hart being one of my favourite actresses. It took me a fairly long time to get around reading it though and to be honest I found it a little bit of a slow starter.

Melissa Explains It All - Melissa Joan Hart
Melissa Explains It All - Melissa Joan Hart
I was really looking forward to reading about her days as Clarissa and Sabrina but there wasn’t as much as I was expecting. The first half of Melissa Explains It All I found was more about what Melissa Joan Hart got up to once filming had finished, the parties she attended and the people she associated with which wasn’t really what I bought the book for but at the end of the day that was part of her life so of course she would write about it - I did however like how honest she was about her earlier years, a lot of celebrities wouldn’t admit to what they had done when they were younger.

So I may not have got what I wanted from the first half of the book but that wouldn’t discourage me from reading it again, her honesty is refreshing, I’ve read a lot of bad reviews about Melissa Explains It All because people think that her partying days are not ‘Abnormally Normal’ (you should meet some of my friends, Melissa Joan Hart is a saint compared to some of them) I find this a very normal thing, just because she partied with other celebrities doesn’t mean that wasn’t a normal thing for someone to do in her situation. I have been to parties with celebrities and I still have a normal life.

Melissa Explains It All - Melissa Joan Hart
Melissa Explains It All - Melissa Joan Hart
The second half of the book, after she met Mark I absolutely loved, it only took me a couple of hours to read I was so engrossed. This book is totally worth reading just to hear Melissa talk about how she met, married and spends her life with her husband and their sons. To me she comes across very real and doesn’t pretend to be someone she’s not.

I loved her honesty through out the whole book, granted her ‘Abnormally Normal’ life may be very different to others but that in no way means that it’s not normal. Normal has a broad spectrum, my normal and your normal are probably also very different.


Have you read this book? What did you think?

HAYLEY

No comments

Thank you all so much for your comments, I read every one and I try to reply to every one as well. They are very much appreciated. ♥